When you bring your furry, scaly, or feathered friend in for a routine veterinary check-up, we examine your pet’s health and work to identify potential health complications so your friend can get the optimal care they need and deserve. But the need for emergency vet services can’t always be foreseen. A diagnosed condition may suddenly worsen, or a new ailment, injury, or attack may result in the immediate need for vet care.
Emergency vet care makes these immediately needed services available when minutes could be the difference between life and death. Emergency vet care is here to quickly assess and treat your beloved pet in Rock Springs, WY, when delaying could mean prolonged pain or worsening health.
Why Use an Emergency Vet
You and your human family think of your pet as one of the family. If someone in your family were attacked, became suddenly ill, or expressed agony, you wouldn’t wait until a scheduled appointment. You’d want help now.
Your pet deserves the same care and can’t wait a day or two for your vet to work them in. You need emergency vet services to provide fast critical care to sustain life and quality of life for your pet.
Signs of a Pet Emergency
Every situation is different, so follow your instincts as a responsible pet parent. But there are certainly some signs your pet needs immediate care:
- Refusing to eat, especially in cats who are prone to developing kidney failure after as few as 24 hours of not eating
- Breathing problems
- Bloated abdomen
- Not urinating or defecating for more than 12 hours
- Trauma, such as falling off a high deck or tree and not landing on their feet
- Eye injuries
- Extreme anxiety or pain symptoms (uncharacteristic hiding, limping, whimpering, yowling)
- Severe vomiting or diarrhea
- Fever of greater than 103°F
- Disorientation after prolonged exposure to extreme heat or cold
- Eating something toxic like rat poison, sugar-free gum, or antifreese–all dangerous but enticing to dogs and cats.
- Eating human medications
What Emergency Vet Services Do We Offer
We offer critical care to quickly manage the health situation and provide your pet with the comfort and support services they deserve.
During the visit, we monitor and manage vitals like:
- Blood oxygen
Depending on the type of emergency, we may provide:
- Pain management
- Treatment of an injury
- IV hydration
- Climate control
- Emergency surgery
- Overnight hospital boarding
We also recognize that this is a scary time for you and your family, so we provide you with regular updates, visitation, and consultations. You can see firsthand the optimal care your pet receives during its stay with us.
If your pet is suffering from a pet emergency, don’t wait and risk death or irreversible harm. Contact your local emergency vet for prompt care and support.
After Hours Emergency Care
After regular business hours and on holidays Guardian Vets is here! If you experience an emergency after hours, we are proud to offer after-hours triage care through Guardian Vets to existing clients of Desert View Animal Hospital!
Desert View Animal Hospital is pleased to provide after-hours emergency consultations from a licensed veterinary professional through Guardian Vets. These individuals will help to determine whether or not an emergency trip to the vet is necessary.
To reach one of our on-call professionals:
- Call our main number: 307-362-3184.
- When prompted, press 1.
- Your call will automatically be connected to a licensed veterinary professional who will triage the emergency. No sitting on hold, no leaving a message with a service.
Many times, our on-call veterinary professional can help prevent unnecessary late night trips to the ER, and will assist you with scheduling an appointment with Desert View Animal Hospital at your earliest convenience.
If the On-Call veterinary professional suggests you see a vet immediately, you will be put in contact with a Veterinarian from Desert View Animal Hospital who can handle your emergency.