Desert View Animal Hospital is currently looking for a Full-Time Associate Veterinarian to add to our amazing team!
Local & family-owned, Desert View Animal Hospital is a full-service veterinary hospital for small and large animals in Rock Springs, Wyoming. Our team is committed to educating our clients on how to keep pets healthy year-round, with good nutrition and exercise.
We pride ourselves on the reputation we have in our community and are known as a distinguished and trusted community partner and veterinary care provider.
Why Work at Desert View Animal Hospital in Wyoming?
Benefits of the Job:
- Employee discounts
- Health insurance
- Full benefits package (learn more below)
- Professional development assistance
Our full benefits package includes:
- Fees for state veterinary licenses and DEA license
- AVMA and WYVMA dues
- Continuing education expense compensation
- Paid time off (vacation time & sick time)
- Liability and health insurance
Benefits of Rock Springs, WY:
Our practice is located in Rock Springs, in the heart of southwest Wyoming. Southwest Wyoming is a great area for outdoor enthusiasts with many places for off-roading, camping, hiking, biking, hunting, and fishing. The Flaming Gorge is minutes away with some of the best boating and fishing opportunities in the country. Rock Springs is a family-friendly community with activities available almost every weekend. The community has many public recreation facilities with indoor pools, an ice arena, indoor riding arena, and water slides. The community is within hours of Jackson Hole, WY, and Salt Lake City, UT.
More About the Associate Veterinarian Position
We are looking for a hard-working team player with an interest in leadership that enjoys surgery and dentistry. Thorough diagnostic skills and the ability to think creatively a must. Experience is preferred but new graduates are welcome. Good communication skills and a friendly attitude are essential, as well as thorough charting ability. The ability to independently work up a case is ideal but mentoring and collaboration is standard procedure.
- Vaccination and wellness exams
- Examining, diagnosing, and treating sick patients both on an outpatient and inpatient basis
- Dietary and behavior consultations
- Wound repair and management
- Euthanasia/end of life care
- General surgery skills are required and may including castration, spay, growth removal, abdominal exploratory surgery, amputation, splenectomy, etc.
- Basic orthopedic surgery skills a bonus but not required. We refer advanced orthopedics and surgeries to a specialist when needed.
- Emergency triage and stabilization of all species
- Basic medical equine colic work up
- On call duties are shared between all doctors. We partner with GuardianVets to triage cases so doctors only talk to emergent cases after hours.
- Thorough and complete client communication and education at all stages of care
- Direct medical staff regarding treatments, patient management and client communication.
- Licensed and be eligible to practice in Wyoming
- 3 years’ experience working in a veterinary practice preferred but will consider new graduates
- Weekends, holidays and evenings will be required
- On call required